Save this recipe! Almost 8 years ago Ben and I were married. At my bridal shower, guests were invited to share a recipe with the bride-to-be. I truly enjoy this tradition and would recommend it to anyone planning a bridal shower, as it offers such a personal touch. I actually received this recipe from two different people… proof that it is well-loved! Over the years I’ve tweaked it a bit to fit my own family’s preferences, feel free to do the same!
Serves about 8
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb hamburger (ground beef)
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 8 oz of sour cream
- 8 oz of Mexican style shredded cheese
- ½ cup crushed Doritos chips
- ½ cup crushed Fritos chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the hamburger meat with minced onion.
- When hamburger meat is done, add in taco seasoning. Follow the directions on the back of the packet as to how much water is needed to prepare it.
- In a greased 8×8 pan or pie pan, press the crescent rolls into the bottom of the pan to form a crust. Push the crescents up to the sides of the pan to create about a ½ crust. Prebake the crust in the prepared oven for about 5 minutes.
- When the crust is done baking, take the pan out of the oven. Pour the crushed Doritos chips evenly over the crust.
- Layer the prepared taco meat into the pan, on top of the crushed Doritos and crescent roll crust.
- Spread the sour cream evenly on top of the taco meat.
- Layer the cheese evenly on top of the sour cream.
- Pour crushed Fritos chips on top of the cheese in an even layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, slice and enjoy! *We like to add shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and taco sauce or french dressing.
This recipe is requested a lot! I always seem to have ingredients on hand for it, which is a definite plus! Savannah and I documented the step-by-step process together for you to follow along.
- While you are preheating the oven to 375 degrees, brown the hamburger meat. When that is done, add in the taco seasoning. I used mild seasoning, but choose what you like best!
- Press the crescent rolls into your pan to form a crust. Prebake the crust for about 5 minutes. Then, take it out of the oven and spread the crushed Doritos chips on top.
- Layer the taco meat on top of the prepared crust.
- Spread the sour cream evenly over the top of the taco meat.
- Layer the shredded cheese evenly on top of the sour cream. Then top with crushed Fritos chips. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, slice and top with: shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and taco sauce or french dressing.
TIP: Sometimes when we make tacos at home, I make a couple pounds of hamburger at a time, season it with taco seasoning, and freeze back some. This is super handy when I want to make this recipe during a weeknight.
Comment below if you plan to try it! And don’t forget to subscribe so that you are the first to know about our other well-loved recipes.
Rooted in ag & led by faith