My 15-minute go-to manicure for Valentine’s Day that can be done from anywhere!
For those that knew me when I was a girl, and even into my young adult life, it was no secret that I had a nervous habit of biting my nails. And I know I am not alone in this anxious practice – sometimes I didn’t even know I was doing it! But, about two years ago, I discovered an incredible product that has ended my nail-biting habit – Red Aspen nail dashes! They even give me a beautiful salon-style manicure at home for less than $15 and I can apply them in under 15 minutes!
A friend of mine that owns my favorite boutique, @CCXO, started my obsession with nail dashes. I figured I would start selling them myself to get a little money back on a product I was going to buy anyway, and I’ve been so grateful for the community and women I’ve met along the way! It’s also been a nice little side hustle that has helped me put money into our savings that I wouldn’t have had otherwise.
What exactly are nail dashes, you ask? Nail dashes are glue-on, reusable nails that come in multiple sizes, so they fit petite, average, or large nails. The box comes with everything you need for application – instructions, dashes, dual file/buffer, cuticle stick, and nail glue. And for easier control and handling, Red Aspen even makes a brush-on nail glue that I love!
Pop on Red Aspen nail dashes for a customizable mani that can be applied in minutes at a fraction of the salon cost. Dashes can be worn for up to two weeks or switched out every few days to change up your style. Pop on, pop off, and reshape to customize your look. I don’t like my nails to be too long, so one thing I love the most about dashes is that you can trim and file them to your desired length and shape, just like your regular nails!
Nail dashes are the perfect rural woman manicure because they stand up to farm chores, gardening, yardwork, etc. Trust me – I speak from my own personal experience here! Over the weekend, I did my own manicure with a beautiful color (Pink Rubies!) from our Valentine’s collection to get me in the spirit for the upcoming holiday. 🙂 Here are step-by-step instructions for applying your own dashes!
- Remove any nail polish. Wash and dry hands.
- Push back cuticles with provided cuticle stick.
- Gently buff natural nails.
- Clean nails with rubbing alcohol or wipe.
- Select dashes that fit all 10 of your natural nails and set aside.
- When applying, start with pinkies and work inward, ending with thumbs. The number on the inside of the dash will go toward your finger away from the cuticle.
- Apply glue to the natural nail and back of the dash, based on desired glue wear time (see below).
- Let glue dry for a few seconds, then align the dash with the cuticle and apply at a 45-degree angle. Press firmly for about 30 seconds.
- File or gently clip dash to desired length and shape.
- To reapply, add glue to the back of the dash after repeating the steps above.
- Soak in warm, soapy water for 10 minutes.
- Lift from the side of the dash to remove. Apply light pressure – never force removal. Soak for additional time if necessary.
- Remove excess glue and restore natural nails using the blue then pink side of the included buffer.
Glue Wear Time Tips:
1-3 days: Apply a thin line of glue from natural nail cuticle to tip.
4-6 days: Apply pearl sized dots of glue to natural nails.
7-14 days: Apply a thin layer of glue to the back of the dash & a pearl sized dots of glue to natural nails.
Red Aspen also has many other beauty products (Pump It Up, Maggie Mascara and the Silver Playdate Mini Palette are my personal favorites!) that are meant to help make women feel comfortable and beautiful in their own skin.
If you’re interested in trying nail dashes yourself, or have any questions about Red Aspen, please reach out to me on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to chat! Otherwise, you can certainly check out my website at the link below to do a little shopping! 🙂
Rooted in ag and led by faith,