This chocolate chip scone recipe is easy like Sunday morning and that’s exactly what I needed today – a perfectly tasty recipe that’s uncomplicated! Typically over the weekend, we make at least one trip to Mimi and Papa’s house. The kids usually burst through the door, run down the hallway and either greet Mimi and Papa with a big hug or they’re peeking at what yummy treat Mimi has made that’s sitting on the counter. My mom’s favorite pastime is baking AND she is so good at it! This scone recipe happens to be one of her go-to scone recipes, as I’m sure it will be yours and mine, too!
Chocolate Chip Scones
Serves about 8
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 8-12 minutes
Total time: About 25 minutes
- 2 c flour
- ⅓ c sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ c mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I didn’t have mini so I did a few chops to the standard sized chips.)
- 1 ¼ c cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the cream over the dry ingredients and mix until it’s all moistened and all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently knead and form the dough into a ball for about 1 minute.
- Flatten into a 8-10 inch circle (imagine making a pizza.)
- Cut across the dough to form 8 triangles.
- Place onto a parchment paper lined pan.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until the bottom edges start to get lightly brown.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy!
Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. Then, stir in the mini chocolate chips.
Then, like Savannah says “pour the cream in.” Mix it together until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
Form the dough into a ball, flatten just a bit (into about a 1 1/2 inch thickness) and about 8-10 inches wide, then slice into 8 pieces. Place on a parchment lined pan and bake for about 8-12 minutes.
When the bottom edges turn a light golden brown, take out of the oven and enjoy!
Thank you, Mimi, for sharing this no-fuss, deliciously quick and easy-to-make recipe. Savannah and I enjoyed making it as much as we did eating! 😋
Be sure to subscribe below to receive email updates for other future recipes like this.
Rooted in ag and led by faith,